“Painted in May 1939. A painting of the rear of the Barber Place (owned by Miss Anderson) over on a back road which runs off the road going from Dennison Mills on Green River to Halifax, in the town of Colrain near the Vermont line. Sold, Nov. ,1944, to Mrs. Paul Moore ‘Hollow Hill Farm’, Convent Station, New Jersey.”
“Old New England farm house built in Revolutionary days. Paint red at back with blinds, apple green, kitchen ell door yellow ochre. Blue and violet mountain view at left, maples in bloom with pale yellow film of color.”
An identical chalk drawing was made of this same scene. He gave it the same name. It is currently privately owned. Unfortunately chalks are difficult to photograph because of the glass so the best image we have can be seen below.