"Painted around 1930. A large painting made from the same subject as Mr. Franklin's House with slight addition in introducing figure of the old gentleman feeding his cat. The house was in Warwick. Painted this canvas mostly in the studio but took it once or twice out to paint direct from the model. Also made a chalk drawing of this same subject."
The artist, in his will, bequeathed three of the residual paintings to F. Earl Williams who then presented this painting to the Deerfield Academy, Deerfield, Mass. in 1957. It hangs in a study room of the main library at Deerfield Academy.
For more on "The Putney Place" CLICK HERE
Below:The image of Mr. Franklin's House was selected by RSW to be on the exhibition notice for an exhibition of his oil paintings at MacBeth Gallery in New York City in 1933.